GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, April 28, 2014

Blossom and Shine


I have been trying to keep up with Thelma aka Cupcake n Daisies.
We are working on a project together... 
do you want to see it?


I have a semi finish for Star Blossoms. It's a pattern by 
I had ordered the outside border fabric a while back but it 
still has not arrived.

But until then... I will take this as my finish!
I added my mistake units into the quilt as an 
inner border.
It worked out perfectly. All I needed to make was two more
flying geese and I had the number I needed!
Originally I was going to make the cornerstones scrappy
but I kind of liked the continuity of the border matching the 
cornerstones. I also saw that Thelma made hers with the blue
fabrics and I liked that look.
I can't wait for Thelma to show her Star Blossom!!!


I can't even remember which fabric I had ordered for the outside
border now... so I guess it will be a surprise!

I am a little stressed over the photos...
I have a new computer and I loaded Picasa
on to my desktop because that is the photo editor that
I usually used... but I can't get my photos to open up in 
Picasa for some reason... so for now the pictures
are just going to have to look like this.

Here is a quick and easy project I cut out this
week. The pattern is by My Red Door Designs.
 It's going to be cute... 
but first I need to get my AYOS project done for this month!


I am telling you that those pieces are super small...
thankfully it's a small quilt... so it can't take that
terribly long... right?
I think it is fun that this month's project is a free
 choice of Thimble Blossoms
mini patterns. 



My coworker/LAQ quilted this Shine
quilt for her client Mary. I took a photo
because Mary had taken a class from 
me to make it. Isn't is sweet?

Another Shine quilt was just delivered from
someone else in the class too! (hi Cathy).
It was made with Thimble Blossoms fabrics and
is so cute! 

13 friends stopped by to chat:

Cathy said...

I like what you did with the Star Blossoms border. How smart to work your "mistakes" into a pieced border. It looks great!

kshackabq said...

Nice job on Star Blossoms. Love those elephants in your border corners, and your geese and border/posts fabric is terrific. Way to go!

Karrie said...

LOVE these quilts!!!

-karrie :)

Béa said...

Very beautiful, love your version.

Hildy said...

I love your border and your 'mistakes' look so good there.

Thimbleanna said...

I love your star blossoms quilt -- the colors are so pretty. Looks like you're busy and having FUN!!!

gailss said...

Your "Star Blossom" semi finish is just beautiful and love the way you used flying geese on the border....Beautiful!

KMSC said...

I love your Star Blossom quilt! The flying geese border really adds to the quilt design. Congratulations for using a "mistake" to make a pattern your own.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Your Star Blossoms is so pretty!

Kate said...

Looks great!

Cheryl said...

I love how you used your oops blocks in the border, they had such a great design element.

Dee said...

Love the look of your Blossom quilt. It seems like such a happy quilt and your use of the geese in the border was a great solution to a slight hiccup.

Sherri said...

I love your blossom quilt too..and it was so fun to see the Shine quilt as well!