GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, November 18, 2013

Catch Up



I never had a chance to blog about my next row for the Quilty Fun along.
Here are my stars!
I am excited to be on track and ready for this weeks group of blocks, which happen
to be Courthouse Steps! Yeah!

You can see that I have been working on my other project...
Morning Jo.
However, I am calling it Plantation.
Coffee Plantation.

 
I got my large blocks done and I am ready to start on my
small blocks... I am doing version #2.

I had this background fabric sitting out on my cutting table for some reason...
so I thought I would look for something to go along with it.
Then I ran across my American Jane fabrics and some PKM fabric...
and then there was a couple of other considerations but the PKM and AJ
versions of Morning Jo obviously
 had already been made up
on the pattern.

So I ran across this fabric in my stash closet...
it was a group called Dominique. I had purchased a bundle but also
for some reason I had bought 2 yards of the print which was
5 1/2" squares of each of the fabrics in the group.
I crossed my fingers and cut it all into squares and hoped that
the quilt would come together nicely.
I have been working with a lot of light and bright fabrics lately, so
I thought I would take the opportunity to make something
with more of a traditional feel to it.
 My fingers are still crossed... what do you think?
I also have been working on my Nantucket blocks for the border.
I layed them all out together here for the photo. I only have a few more blocks to
go on the border! 
Are you making this one too? How is your Nantucket coming along?
Posted by Picasa

8 friends stopped by to chat:

Sue said...

You have lots of fun quilt projects !

I started making my stars for Nantucket and I only have 2 more to go :-D I hope to post pictures Tuesday .

Jeanna said...

Lovely Nantucket! You are almost there...

I saw Thelma's and I know Nicole is working on hers as well.

Wish I could have joined you but I couldn't add one more thing to my list for this year.

I enjoy reading all of your blogs and seeing the differences in your projects.

JoAnne said...

I really love your fabric choice for the Schnibble!

JJ said...

Nice designs.

Just Sew Sue said...

You have been busy. The courthouse steps blocks came together so quickly. :)

Carol said...

Busy Girl...Love your Plantation! Great fabrics...your Nantucket is looking great and your Quilty Fun stars are so much fun!

Thimbleanna said...

I think your Morning Jo will be beautiful -- it's nice to see it in different colors!

Michele said...

Love your Morning Joe! You picked a great name for yours. All this talk of coffee makes me want to go to Starbucks. I just finished trimming my triangle squares yesterday.